Friday, August 22, 2014

Five on Friday

One. 
Back to work I go! I officially started school Tuesday afternoon, and let me tell ya...it was rough! Having to leave Baby Jack and actually be somewhere at a specific time...yeah, that was hard. But I'm ready for a new school year. I worked hard all week on finishing up my classroom and it's pretty much done. I think the kids will like it, anyway. We had Meet the Teacher Wesnesday night and I was able to meet some of my new kiddos and their parents. I think I'm going to have a good group. I have a feeling I'll have a few challenges, but that's ok. Sometimes those are the ones who turn out to be my favorites! 

So, as most of you know, I moved schools and changed grades this year. While going back to work was tough, it was made easier by the fact that I love my new school. Love. The staff is friendly, the atmosphere is positive and fun, and it's been an awesome week. I'm ready to make my new school my home for the next nine months!

Two. 
After a long week of packing, driving, cleaning, and unloading, Aaron's parents have finally moved to Rapid City. We are so happy to have them here! I am so glad Jack will grow up knowing his grandparents and being able to spend time with them on a regular basis. He is one lucky kid!

Three. 
It's almost Fall and the Central Stated Fair is in town. That means Gyros, funnel cakes, and the German tent. 

Four. 
Jack's daycare informed us they are closing at the end of September. After a lot of looking, I finally found a place. Seriously, what did we do before social media? I was lucky to find a place by inundating friends and strangers alike with requests for daycare information. It paid off and Jack starts his new school Monday. 

Five. 
In just a few weeks we get to travel to Lawrence, Kansas to watch my brother in law and his wonderful fiancée get married. It'll be Jack's first plane ride and our first with a child. Can't say we're looking forward to that part, but we are definitely ready to see this lovely couple get married!

No comments:

Post a Comment