Saturday, August 2, 2014

Six on Saturday


Whoops...time got away from me yesterday and I forgot my weekly Five on Friday. This week, to make up for it, I have a special post ...Six on Saturday. Here are six randoms happening with our family right now. 

One. 
My dad and his wife came to visit last week and left on Tuesday. We had a great time. It was their first visit to South Dakota and their first time meeting Jack. We got to spend some time together, they got to see the Black Hills, and I think we all had a really good visit. 


Two. 
Two days after my dad left, Aaron's parents came for a short visit. Their visit wasn't so much a trip to see us, but more of a "we need to find a place to rent so we can move out here at the end of then month" visit. I cannot believe we are going to have family living near us in a few weeks! This will be the first time in six years we'll have family closer to us than a 6 hour drive. It will be so nice. I am excited for Jack to grow up knowing his grandparents and getting to spend time with them. I think that's so important and I am thrilled they want to be such a big part of his life. Of our lives.

Three. 
Thursday we went to Summer Nights to visit Aaron. I know I've said it before, but I love Downtown Rapid City. I think they do such a good job of coordinating events and making it a great place to spend time with family and friends. This week they had the Budweiser Clydesdales so we checked them out. Those are some fancy, pampered horses! They even brought the Dalmatian from the commercials...so cute. 



Four. 
This Friday we have Jack's 9 month check up. Poor guy will be getting some more shots, but I'm excited to find out how much he weighs and how much taller he's gotten! He feels incredibly heavy and it will be nice to put a number to his weight! Since his last visit he's started crawling, standing, cruising, eating solids, and has gotten 3 teeth. Can't wait to show him off to the doctor and nurses!

Five. 
It's August now. That means I only have a few more weeks of summer left. Three to be exact. 18 days. That also means I am knee deep in textbooks and Pinteresting my little heart out for classroom ideas. I've been putting off working in my room and haven't really touched it much since June. I'm heading in there tomorrow, though, to unpack a few more boxes and straighten up a bit more. I'm. Not. Ready. 

Six. 
Aaron and I get to celebrate our six year anniversary next Saturday. Can't believe we've been married for six years and together for five before that. Lots to celebrate and be thankful for this year, so we'll have to plan something special for the evening. 




No comments:

Post a Comment