Monday, September 8, 2014

Five on Friday

It's been a while. Life is a whirlwind of work, baby, husband, family, and friends. (Not in that order.) So here's what's happening. 

One. 
Oh my. I love my job. Love. I have some of the sweetest kids in my class. I also have a few testy ones who are going to need to be whipped into shape. It's all worth it, though, when I see those little lightbulbs go on in their heads. When I get those hugs at the end of the day. When something funny happens and we all laugh. When I get the sweetest notes and drawings. Such an important job I have. Such a rewarding one. 

Two. 
Speaking of this job of mine, I signed up for a graduate Literacy class this fall. It's every Tuesday evening from 4:30-7:30. Yuck. 

Three. 
Wedding bells are a-ring-ing. On Thursday, the three of us fly to Lawrence, Kansas to go to Aaron's brother's wedding. Cannot wait for that sweet girl, Megan, to join our family! Maseltov! 





Four. 
I will never understand South Dakota weather. On Monday it was 94 and by the end of the week, it was 45 degrees cooler and snowflakes were falling from the sky. I am NOT ready for winter. I want my fall. My season of cozy sweaters, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, knee-high boots, colorful leaves, and brisk morning air. If we have another blizzard in October (or, God forbid, sooner) I will flip. 



Five. 
Jack started his new daycare a few weeks ago and he loves it. I love it, too. It's 3 blocks from work, run by a "friend of a friend," and when I pick Jack up, he is happy. Like, grinning from ear to ear. I have never seen him so happy at daycare. It makes me feel good that he's in a place that he likes so much, and in a place where the kids and employees like him so much, too. Every morning we're greeted by a three year old girl who loves Jack to bits, and it's the sweetest thing ever. She calls him Jackie and I don't even care. 


No comments:

Post a Comment