Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Thankful For...

For the last few weeks, I've seen lots of people post on Facebook things they are thankful for. I typically use the month of November to really think about my blessings and what I'm grateful for, but I thought today: why limit that to one month a year? That being said, I'm thankful for...

My little family. My husband and I, along with our son, make quite the family. It's a lot of compromise, a lot of give and take, a lot of laughter, and a lot of new experiences. I love being a mom, a wife. I love having a purpose. It's everything I was meant to be. 

My friends. Oh, I have some wonderful friends. I love our girls' nights. I love our lunches. I love our secret Facebook group conversations. I love that you don't mind babysitting so Aaron and I can go out. I love you all. 

My job. It's hard but I love it. I love the challenge and I love the fulfillment it gives me. I love my new school so, so much. I love it's energy, it's positivity, and its  proximity (yay 4 minute drive to work!). 

My health. I know so many people, so many young people, with chronic illnesses and it makes me grateful that I'm not suffering from anything debilitating. 

My larger family. My parents , my sister, my nephew, my niece, my extended family, and my inlaws. They are The. Best. I don't live near many of them, but thanks to Facebook, email, cell  phones, and Instagram, I am able to keep up to date with all the goings-on and share what's happening in my life, as  well. 

Jack's new daycare. I was devastated when his old daycare closed. It was so. hard. to find a daycare to begin with. I had no idea what we were going to do. Through the power of social media and with the help of some amazing friends, I found a place run by a "friend of a friend." It's small. It's cozy. Jack gets a lot of one-on-one attention. And the best part is that he literally grins from ear to ear as soon as he realizes that's where he's going in the morning. I couldn't be happier and more relieved. 

So there you have it. I'm one lucky girl. I try to remember these blessings each day, but some days it's harder than others to be thankful. On those tough days, it's all I can do to put a smile on my face, but really, those are few and far between. I'm lucky. I'm happy. I am blessed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment